Stucco is a popular siding choice due to its durability, aesthetic appeal, and cost-effective nature, but even the best stucco job will need repair at some point. As part of Illinois Stucco’s mission to provide the top stucco services Wilmette has to offer, below we explain how to tell if you need to call our stucco contractors:
1. Inspect the Stucco Surface For Evident Issues
If your stucco is showing visible signs of wear, cracks, mold, or discoloration, it is clear it needs repairing. Whether it is due to age, extreme weather, or physical damage, cracks mean your in need of our stucco repair service.
Cracks to look for include:
- Hairline Cracks: These come from stress or vibrations around the building.
- Spider Cracks: This happens if the base coat was not properly cured or the weather was bad the day your stucco was applied. We are proud to provide quality Stucco Wilmette clients can trust to stand the test of time.
- Patterned Cracks: whether vertical or horizontal these suggest that the stucco lath was not properly secured during installation.
2. Smell the Stucco Siding
This may sound odd at first, but if your stucco smells moldy, it is likely that mold is beginning to form. If this is the case, do not hesitate to call us and ask for stucco restoration Wilmette.
3. Look for Streaks or Stains
Staining and streaking, especially around windows, corners, and underneath the roof can indicate water damage. Our stucco contractors handle both indoor and outdoor stucco repair and restoration to get rid of and prevent water damage.
If you think you need stucco repair, or would like an inspection from the experts, then give us a call at Illinois Stucco. Our stucco contractors will give you a thorough inspection and a clear idea of how we can give you the best options for stucco Wilmette.